Sunday, October 18, 2009

Michellerella

Michellerella plus one have been invited to the ball!! Okay.....not really. I mean yes, we were invited to the ball but we had to buy our tix. No biggie. School fundraiser and good cause. I go through my closet looking at dress after dress. There are easily 10 gorgeous dresses to wear that all come with an excuse as to why I can't wear them. Too sexy, wrong fabric, outdated, etc. Oh how I wish I had some mouse friends to "update" my not-so-current pretty dress! The last thing I want to do is buy another one-time-wear with a hefty price tag! What's a girl to do?

My so-called problem started a month ago when another mom mentioned that anyone who isn't wearing a floor-length gown looks "out of place." Okay.....I don't wear floor length gowns period. Or ever for that matter! Okay...my wedding was an exception but that dress wasn't typical wedding attire (thank you Ralph Lauren!)I guess I could wear this dress. It's floor length and drop-dead gorgeous and I would really get my monies worth out of it since I got to wear it a second time at the Black & White Ball. I mean seriously, who gets to wear their wedding dress twice? Third time's a charm, right? Nope. I've decided its too dressy, or just an excuse to buy something. You make the call.

I have my heart set on an amazing tuxedo-style dress. It's a halter wrap dress with a folded collar, single button closure and slight tail in the back. It would really show off the back and arms. Sexy yet very simple and sophisticated. Affordable price. I picture myself rocking this dress with Rihanna-esque hair (remember, I have the shorter do now)and booties. So what's the problem? I'm 5 feet tall and by the time I make all the necessary adjustments, I might as well have bought the floor-length gown that I don't want to spend the money on.

Okay.....so I go about my way again, trying to find the perfect dress. Or better yet, finding a dress that I will FOR SURE wear again sometime in the near future--date night, etc. I find a really inexpensive jersey dress that has the most A-M-A-Z-I-N-G back detail. Paired with my equally fabulous Barbara Bui heels and I think it could look like a million bucks. However, since the front of the dress is just your basic LBD, I decide to keep looking.

The key to finding this perfect dress is to also stick within my budget. I don't want to spend more than $500. Many of you are probably thinking I am crazy, but oh well. I don't go out that often, let alone formal affairs, so I refuse to spend a lot of money on a dress that will simply look beautiful in my closet and collect dust. Or perhaps some think I am spending too much? Either way, this makes the task that much more daunting....

OMG-I find the dress! Its simple. It's just slightly above the knee. It requires ZERO alterations. It was fate-the only dress of its kind and in MY SIZE! Folks-if I look "out of place" then so be it! I will be the most savviest of savvy chicks out there! Marc Jacobs comes to the rescue!! Let me rephrase-Marc by Marc Jacobs. Lower price point! One shoulder dress-VERY CURRENT and way under my budget! Put together with my faboosh heels and voila!

Michellerella plus one get to go to the ball! But unlike Cinderella, this girl gets to keep the dress and the prince past midnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment